Saturday, August 8, 2009

Help Desk

In a previous post I mentioned that I have no idea whether anyone reads my stuff or it is just bits and electrons in the ether, but that's OK because much of it is in the style of "homework" for my self-taught bioinformatics class. Of course, if you are reading and would like to say something, you could sign in and comment (requires a Google account, which is no big deal). Or you can look at my profile, which has a link to my web page at work, and that lists an email address. I'd love to hear from you. With luck I'll be able to distinguish you from a "Nigerian scammer". And if you are actually from Nigeria, and not a scammer, I hope you are not offended by that.

I have had a grand total of 3 comments. I also have 2 "followers" but since they don't show any information, I'm not sure they are real. If you are real, and my habit of only discovering errors after I've published and then correcting them immediately and repeatedly bothers you, let me know.

If you are real, and you have ideas that would improve the presentation, that would be great. For example, I post my code here. I could start an open source project hosted somewhere, but that seems not quite what's required. I looked into adding a "read more" tag, but the instructions got into style sheets and such, and were not all that clear. So remember, the idea is that you might get interested in trying to code some of these problems yourself. My listings are there as a backup. If nothing else, you could run them and look at the output.

Hope to hear from you.